Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Congrats UNC!


Well, it looks like another year of college basketball is over. Congrats are in order to the University of North Carolina. I actually had them picked to win in my bracket, which is the first time I haven't picked Duke since the late '80s. It was a great year in hoops even though my Louisville Cards didn't take home the crown. The Cards did have a great year in the toughest conference though. I say that with great pain as I am a die hard Southeastern Conference fan.

While I am going to give UNC their due respect, I do have to touch on something that drives me up a wall. Actually, not something but someone: Dick Vitale. Yes, I said it Dick Vitale might as well just get a megaphone and learn the cheers for the Tar Heels. I can't believe ESPN even tolerates this biased approach to broadcasting. If I didn't know any better, I would swear that Tyler Hansbrough was straight from his loins. Vitale is way over the top with his catchphrases! Every time I hear "dipsydoo dunkaroo baaaaby" I want to throw something at my tv. Then I remember it's not even my tv yet..Best Buy still owns it. Somebody needs to get this guy some nasal spray like yesterday!

I do love to watch the opening rounds to see who gets upset. This year's tournament was lacking in that department some. Seems like the cream did rise to the top this go around. All the hype and excitement over March Madness really makes me wish we had some sort of playoff in college football. I am not sure the exact answer to this issue, but just get something done and tweak it as you go along if necessary.

The only thing stopping it is the money that noboby is willing to give up hosting all 82 bowl games. Ok, so it's not quite that many but you get the point. I have to ask though, how proud can you be of playing in the Magic Jack St.Petersburg Bowl?

Jacks and Kings wants to know how your brackets turned out and if you have any suggestions on the college football situation. If you're a Dick Vitale fan well tell us your corny reason as to why you are clinically insane. Calling it a night, I'm all in with a pair of Jacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment