Monday, April 13, 2009

Infomercials





It is late here and I'm sitting in bed watching tv. Most people who know me would consider me a night owl. With that said, in my time I have seen some pretty ridiculous stuff on television at these late hours. I absolutely despise infomercials...what a bunch of junk. I love how whatever piece of crap they're selling alwas costs $19.95. We all know the next line after that is "but wait there's more". It's like not only are you going to get this crap we'll throw in some of our old crap that nobody bought. We have to make room in the warehouse for the next batch of junk. For you math wizards out there here is infomercials summed up in a nutshell.

That graphic was used from a site called www.morenewmath.com/. It has
a bunch of fun examples of math similar to this. Ok, so back to the infomercials. There is one infomercial that now has regular commercials that can also be seen at odd hours. I know everyone has seen the Shamwow guy. This waste of a human organism sells chamois, for youguessed it, $19.95. I have yet to understand why this guy has on a headset when he is doing a commercial. Is he taking calls from the fools that actually buy this nonsense? Does he think he is some pop singer in concert? I don't understand why anyone would buy something like this. There is a reason why it's called a shamwow: I'm selling a sham and wow you people are buying it!

For those of you that don't know, Vince Shlomi, Mr. Shamwow guy was arrested in Miami recently in an altercation with a prostitute he had solicited. This is what he looks like sans headphone.
I'm not sure if those shamwows can soak up greasy slime but if you have one laying around maybe we could try to soak up this scumball and he'll disappear magically. If so, I'll pay the $19.95.... Well, that's all for now. I am going to wrap up in my snuggie and watch Billy Mays hawk some Mighty Putty.

2 comments:

  1. Not only does this jerk do the Sham wow....but he also does the slap chop....which makes me want to slap him and chop his head off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhere out there...somewhere...is a woman who blew the sham-wow guy. Talk about living with a secret.

    Credit goes to Mitch Fatel via Twitter.

    ReplyDelete