Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring is here!



OK folks, I know...I know.... The NBA playoffs are on, the NFL draft is saturday, and Talladega is also this weekend. So guess what we're here to talk about? Baseball. While we are into all of the previous mentioned events (some more than others). Nothing quite compares to a good 'ol baseball game.
I couldn't wait for this season to start and am planning a couple of possible trips to different MLB parks this year. I also plan on attending some youth baseball games. I grew up on some of the local fields here and it's always nice to reminisce. Some people can't always afford to go to the pro games but try supporting your local youth organizations. I love to see the younger ones watching the airplanes in the outfield or picking dandelions. I also enjoy the competitiveness of the older kids who are trying to always make it to that next step.
I realize times are tough for many but if you're like me there is just something about a baseball game that takes your worries away for awhile. The local minor league team has new ownership and I attended opening night. The baseball was mediocre and the food was worse but I'm going to do my best to support this forgotten team. This is still a relatively cheap family night. No matter, it was nice to take in a game with three generations of family. You can't put a price tag on times like that.
So let's all remember that baseball is America's pastime. Go play catch with the kids, find a random park to take a game in, or make a road trip to your favorite pro team. I would love to hear your favorite baseball moment or story.

No comments:

Post a Comment